Friday, February 17, 2012

Relative Rescue!

The last few weeks have looked a bit like this! Overloaded, a little out of control and spent.Today, I sneaked out of work having finished off with a lock down and fire drill, picked up a variety of offspring from a variety of places and staggered in under a variety of bags to find this. Nanna Freddo had made a Maccaroni cheese of lush perfection for the starving swimmers and soccer players and ankle biter. (Shorty was really hungry.)
She had also washed, folded and ironed a pile of clothes and linen that I don't recognise as my own. They will not be touched by my children until I have enjoyed the last of the summery scent wafting from them. Nanna Lol- Lol and Grandad have also been heroic, indulging Shorty with vast tracts of baby sitting, book reading, ice cream licking, swimming, noodle slurping, pet shop loitering and toddler delivery. It takes a village!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for the village! Hope you can enjoy the weekend now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise, that macaroni cheese looks excellent. And I love it when Grandma helps with the laundry, too. We end up with undies folded into neat balls and clothes that are normally hastily folded and shoved back into drawers and baskets meet an iron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless Nana's laundry folding generosity! I bet you sighed with relief when you came home. My mum does the same when she visits here and it is the biggest help. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have a helping hand, or in your case a few, when it's needed the most.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are grand parents the best! If I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel all warm & fuzzy and it's not because it is hot and everything including me is mouldy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very lucky to have some helping hands! Good to see the week panned-out well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are blessed to have such golden oldies in our family fold. They are gems of the most generous kind!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best bit. Drop in if you have time. You are most welcome!

Popular Posts