Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Tree Swallowed my Children

This is where they were last seen.
They were heading north into the muscly old branches.
Where'd she go? Is that the sound of pan pipes?
Monkeys!
"T'was brillig...

and the slithy toves...
did gyre
and gimble
in the wabe.
All mimsy...
were the borogroves
and the mome raths
outgrabe."
This tree was a fantasia tree. The children got all Avatar, I started channelling Lewis Carol's 'Jabberwocky' and the abandoned thongs just spelled Picnic at hanging rock. Don't you love a really good tree- for- all?

6 comments:

  1. Where do you come up with this stuff? Honestly, if all this amazingness was swilling around in your head, and you've only now found the release for it (blogging), I am SO GLAD you did! How wonderful are those photos??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great climbing tree! (Mirandaaaaa!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing tree.
    I'd love that in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tree-for-all ... I agree with Anna!

    Beautiful photos. I bet that tree was thrilled to see your lot. It was made for climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I know this tree- we ate fish and chips sitting in it a few months back. I think there is a geocache hidden somewhere near the base, we were very impressed. The art installation looked so inspiring too, especially for the kids. I love visiting Redcliffe- what a treat for you to have such an outing with all the gang. melx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna: All those years my head was exploding and now I have somewhere safe to put it.

    CC: THAT was her name! Thanks!

    DMC: It would be your entire yard! Grandchild heaven!

    MMMC: I believe the tree was a little nervous at first and then relaxed and embraced us.

    Bungalowgirl: How lovely to have a mutual tree friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best bit. Drop in if you have time. You are most welcome!

Popular Posts